The Ministry of Works is the technical arm of the State Government responsible for the formulation of policies as well as the conception and implementation of road projects and other civil engineering works.
To build a well planned, integrated and sustainable transport network with effective inter-modal linkages to facilitate socio-economic transformation and development.
• Road construction is Capital-intensive and more so in the face of other competing needs of Government;
• Additional high cost of constructing roads in the swampy and erosion-prone parts of the state;
• Effect of inflation on cost of materials and labour input leading to upward review of contract sums;
• Unpredictable weather for civil works resulting in very short working season.
• Attracting alternative sources of funding for road construction.